EurEau is hiring: policy advisor
EurEau is the European Federation of National Associations of Water Services representing the water & waste water operators at EU level. Through 70.000 utilities – reflecting the full diversity of the European water and sanitation services and representing public, private and mixed operators – EurEau’s members collectively provide water services to more than 500 million people in Europe.
The Brussels-based Policy Advisor should have:
- A university degree or equivalent
- At least 3 years of relevant experience
- Proven interest to work for the European water sector
- Knowledge of EU institutions and the EU decision-making process
- Fluent command of English, additional European languages being an asset
- Outstanding communication skills; ability to speak and to write clearly and concisely
- Background in economics, law, environment or another relevant field
- Ability to establish productive relationships with people at all levels.
- You will work in a small international team, reporting to the Secretary General
- You will work in close cooperation with experts from EurEau member organisations
- You will monitor European legislation and its implementation relating to the water sector; you analyse legislative proposals, and other relevant documents and build a EurEau position in close cooperation with members
- You will develop and execute strategies on how to advocate EurEau’s position to decision makers, media, stakeholders and within the international network of the organisation
- You will contribute to the drafting of EurEau’s publications
- You will support your colleagues in their tasks whenever needed.
EurEau will issue a full-time contract under Belgian law. Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience.
Deadline for applications: 12 June 2022, 23:59 CET