EurEau is recruiting a full time Policy Adviser for a fixed-term contract
EurEau is the European Federation of national associations of water services representing the water & waste water operators at EU level. Through 70.000 utilities – reflecting the full diversity of the European water and sanitation services and representing public, private and mixed operators – EurEau members collectively provide water services to more than 400 million people in Europe. For more information: www.EurEau.org
- Brussels based;
- A university degree or equivalent (EU-affairs, Economics, Law, Environment or another relevant field);
- At least 2 years experience in EU advocacy;
- Proven knowledge and interest to work for the European water sector, experience in water policy is an asset;
- Fluent command of English, additional European languages being an asset;
- Outstanding analytical and communication skills, ability to speak and write clearly and concisely;
- Ability to establish productive relationships with people at all levels;
- Willingness and availability for travelling in Europe.
The work consists of
- Working in a small international team, reporting to the Secretary General;
- Working in close cooperation with experts from EurEau member organisations;
- Monitoring European water legislation and its implementation;
- Analysing and advising on decision making processes and legislative proposals, official documents and studies linked to relevant topics;
- Creating and executing strategies to advocate EurEau’s position towards decision makers, media, stakeholders and within the international network of the organisation;
- Contributing to the drafting of EurEau’s publications;
- A position working for a sector that serves almost every European citizen and promotes the protection of our water heritage;
- A full time, 1 year fixed-term contract under Belgian law, with a possibility of a 1 year extension;
- A competitive salary (subject to the level of experience), luncheon vouchers, holiday bonus, pension scheme & 13th month;
- A friendly, flexible working environment.
How to apply
Interviews will start: Early March 2021.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
For further information about the position please contact: Louise Hoogenhout, Office Manager.