Water Loss Reduction in Water Supply Systems
Water loss in water supply systems is a serious problem for almost all urban areas around the world and it can be even worse in areas with scarcity of water. This problem deserves immediate attention and appropriate action to reduce avoidable stress on scarce and valuable water resources. Several big cities have already started programmes geared towards the step-by-step reduction of the losses and it is well known that many institutions and water and sanitation utilities have developed and implemented strategies and technologies to control leakage and water loss. These strategies have proven highly efficient and received worldwide recognition.
The conference will be held for tenth time and is considered to be major annual water loss event in the Balkan region.
This year’s conference will document available know-how and best practices and will recommend new approaches for more efficient management in the field of water with a focus on water loss reduction. National Partners of BWA are the Union of WSS Operators in the Republic of Bulgaria as the biggest branch organisation of water utilities in Bulgaria that supports the development and professional qualification of all employees in water sector among other activities as well as the Bulgarian WSS Holding founded to support in any way the work of Bulgarian WSS utilities. More information about the structures could be found on the website www.srvikbg.com. International Partner is European Water Resources Association (EWRA) which is a leading European non-profit organisation aiming at the enhancement of cooperation and the exchanges in application and research on all aspects of water resources. Further information regarding the activities of the organisation could be found at its website: www.ewra.net.
The conference will be held in the end of September 2021 and is aimed at decision-makers and experts in the water supply field as well as for companies – designers, producers, distributors, etc. of the respective equipment.
OBJECTIVES OF THE CONFERENCE
• To encourage the exchange of experience and information on successful examples within the different national/local programmes in improving leakage control and water losses reduction in water supply systems;
• To concentrate on the most promising approaches, highlighting especially the need in institutional capacity development and the establishment of cooperation in order to apply the best available technical and managerial solutions;
• To collect facts and figures and successful case stories to increase awareness and attention to the issue of water loss reduction by decision-makers and water managers. CONFERENCE TOPICS
• Legislation and institutional frame;
• Innovative solutions for reduction of the real and apparent water losses;
• Problems regarding the apparent water losses reduction;
• Setting of realistic aims and their sustainable upkeep;
• Approaches for water losses reduction using the advantages of DMA; • Software solutions for water loss reduction; • Needs for investments. Performance-based contracts.
INVITATION FOR ABSTRACTS Authors wishing to submit abstract in English within 150-200 words of their presentation should send it to the email address of BWA (see below) until April 30th 2021 at the latest. Authors of accepted abstracts reviewed by the Programme Committee will be notified by June 29th and invited to submit their presentation in electronic form in English no later than September 4th 2021. The time for presentation is limited to 20 min. Additional information will be available with the Second Call. LANGUAGES The official languages of the conference are English and Bulgarian.
TECHNICAL EXHIBITION All stakeholders such as suppliers and manufacturers of innovative technical solutions for detection and control of water losses, leakage control and water metering are invited to present their products and methodologies in the technical exhibition that will be held during the conference in a separate hall, next to the conference hall. Should you show any interest, please, contact the organisers for more information.
REGISTRATION FEES Participation fee is being paid by bank after the registration start (along with Second call and Registration form for the event) after 1st July 2021. The tax could be paid on the day of the conference. The tax includes: access to all events, set with materials, coffee-breaks, lunch, cocktail for one participant. INDIVIDUAL PARTICIPANTS • Individual participation To be declared later
COMPANY PARTICIPATION • Golden advertising packet To be declared later • Silver advertising packet To be declared later • Bronze advertising packet To be declared later • Advertising banner To be declared later Note: The advertising packets for the conference will be available in the section of the conference in the web site of BWA.
|Event Date||23-09-2021 9:00 am|
|Event End Date||24-09-2021 2:00 pm|